Saturday, December 20, 2008

Reboot

Hey y'all

After a hectic couple of months, a lot of schoolwork, a lot of assignments and a lot of fun, I'm officially all finished - with finals, with my studies here at Berkeley and, in fact, with my Arts degree. Which feels good. Anyway, I'm now officially in holiday mode.

So, between now and when I return (Jan 16th), I've got some travelling to do. New York, Boston and Chicago are the places on my hit list - flying out to New York tomorrow evening, and then making my way back across the breadth of the United States by train. Which I'm thoroughly looking forward to. So, itinerary.

Itinerary, December 21 – January 16


21/12: Depart San Francisco Airport, 7:45PM, Transfer at Las Vegas

22/12: Arrive New York, 7:30AM

22/12 – 31/12: Overnight, New York Loft Hostel, Brooklyn

1/1: Depart Penn Station, New York, 1PM, on train to Boston

1/1 – 4/1: Overnight, HI Hostel Boston

5/1 – 6/1: Depart Boston South Station for Chicago @ 11:55, arrive Union Station, Chicago, 9:45AM, 6/1

6/1 – 11/1: Overnight, HI Hostel Chicago

11/1 – 13/1: Depart Chicago Union Station for Los Angeles @ 3:15PM, Arrive Union Station, Los Angeles, 8:15AM, 13/1

13/1: Overnight, Super 8 Hotel, Los Angeles Airport

14/1: Depart Los Angeles Airport @ 1:50PM, return to Melbourne via Taipei, Brisbane.

16/1: Arrive Melbourne Airport @ 3:40PM

As you can see, there's a lot of time spent on the train in there (I count almost 70 hours total), but I actually really enjoyed the train trip up here from Los Angeles, and it's more scenic than flying and cheaper than hiring a car. So that's the gist of my next few weeks - Now that I've got more free time, I'll make sure to keep this thing good and updated with all of my adventures in three exciting American cities. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh i can't wait to read about everything!! Good to see you're back in ol Melbourne Town at 3.40 pm, i'l skip out on work and come meet you with the rest of the fam....can't wait :)